Undergraduate Courses In France
France is considered to be the Gateway of Europe. It is bordered by 6 countries which include Germany, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Belgium. Also connected to the United Kingdom by the English Channel, France is considered to be the hub for international trade. With many large airports, UNESCO heritage sites, courteous people, and scenic natural beauty, it can prove to be the best place to pursue your undergraduate studies.
Every year, France is known to attract greater than 5% of all international students. A large number of Indian students also consider France as their dream education destination. Being a major tourist destination, students can enjoy various recreational and outdoor activities. French people are very welcoming and known for their food and wine. France has a multicultural and diverse society, thanks to its large international student body.
overview of studying undergraduate in france
- Benefits of studying Bachelor’s degree from France
- Teaching patterns, academic intake and credits system
- Popular disciplines opted by Indian students
- UG courses in France for Indian students
- Prerequisites and Documents required
- Tuition Fee and other expenses
- Scholarships for UG in France
- Job Opportunities after study in France
- Contact us – Superb Study Abroad
why choose france for undergraduate studies
Studying in France can help you to secure a good future for yourself. With endless opportunities in business, industry, technology, and research, France offers the convenience to make the most of your education and career. There are many benefits of pursuing your UG degree in France, some notable of them are-
- Affordable Tuition Fees – As compared to other popular education destinations, the cost of doing your Bachelor’s in France is very low. There are more than 70 state-funded Universities that provide you the best education at the lowest fees possible.
- Educations in English – There are more than 1200 classes that are taught in English. All the major Universities offer courses in English and the count of those is constantly increasing.
- Best Education facilities - France is home to over 3500 higher education institutions with over 2 million students. The worldwide rankings for higher Education by OECD have ranked France amongst the best 20 countries.
- Opportunity to learn French –Studying in France can easily make you familiar with French which is the world’s third most common business language and the official language of more than 30 countries.
teaching patterns, academic intake and credit system
The French Universities begin their session in the month of September or October which lasts till the June of the following year. The students are required to showcase their academic knowledge in examinations which are conducted twice a year, at end of each semester for all subjects. The classes take place in 2 separate ways. The first one is cours magistraux or lectures; these are non-mandatory and are generally delivered to a student body of about 100. The other process is travaux pratiques which include the practical or lab work. These are mandatory and students are divided into smaller groups with the intention of deepening theoretical knowledge.
The duration of the Bachelor’s Degree also known as Licence is 6 semesters (3years). Each semester awards up to 30 ECTS. These ECTS (The European Credit Transfer) further help the students to acknowledge the programs they studied abroad.
popular disciplines opted by indian students
Many Indian students aspire to obtain their undergraduate degrees from French Universities. France offers a huge variety of programs to opt for your Undergraduate studies. Some popular choices by the Indian students include-
- Information Technology
- Business Administration
- International and Comparative Politics
- Global Communications
- Art and History
- International Finance
undergraduate courses in france for indian students
|Bachelor in Management||Audencia Business School||3 years|
|Bachelor in International Business and Management||Glenoble IAE ||1 year|
|ESSEC Global BBA Bachelor of Business Administration||ESSEC Business School ||4 years|
|B.Sc. Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering||Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)||3 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Mathematics and Physics, Mathematics and Economics)||École Polytechnique||3 years|
|B.Sc. in Computer Science||Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)||3 years|
|Bachelor in Finance||ESLSCA Business School||3 years|
|B.Sc. in Quantitative Environmental Science||The American University of Paris||1 year|
|B.A. in Art History ||The American University of Paris||1 year|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts ||Paris College of Art ||4 years|
prerequisites and documents required
- Certificates of class 10th and 12th as proof of previous education.
- Letters of Recommendation (at least 3) briefly explaining the abilities of the applicant.
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP) describing the reasons why you should be admitted to the program. It is generally written in the first person.
- A valid passport
- English Proficiency proof – IELTS and TOEFL scores are accepted.
- Several passport-sized photos
- Scanned copies of Official transcripts
- Financial and Loan documents if applicable
tuition fee and other expenses
Since the French Government subsidizes higher education the tuition fees are comparatively low as compared to other parts of Europe and the world. Indian students (non-EU students) are required to pay about 2,770 euros per year for Bachelor’s (Licence) programs. Fortunately, students can apply for scholarships from the Government and Universities. The costs of studying depend on a variety of other expenses which include accommodation, food, transportation, self-care, insurance, study materials, etc. These costs may also change based on the city selected. Our reliable executives can assist you in narrowing the most suitable alternatives for accommodation, fee structures, and programs for undergraduate studies.
scholarships for ug in france
The French Government and other Organisations provide fully or partly funded scholarships based on the merit and financial conditions of the students. As a matter of fact, many international students who seek higher education in France, end up getting a scholarship. Diplomatic ties between the Governments of India and France have made it easier for Indian students to accomplish their education overseas. The most prominent scholarship program for Indian students is an initiative by The French Foreign Embassy and is named The Charpak Scholarship program. This program awards scholarships worth more than 11 crore Indian rupees to students who show their interest in Higher education in France.
career growth and skillset development
Being a major tourist destination and the hub of research, technology, and Business, France also offers the opportunity for a promising future. Since France has access to the markets around the world, students can have a competitive edge. Major corporate world leaders like Amazon, Orange, Bouygues, AXA also show a keen interest in hiring graduates from France. Apart from a secure future post-study, France offers various part-time hustles for students to enrich their practical knowledge and develop important skillsets for their careers.
achieve your goals with superb study abroad
Get hold of your aspirations because we at Superb Study Abroad provide the best consultation and counseling services to help you get the best. Reach out to us and our dedicated executives will aid you with the application procedure, visa process, fee structures, best universities, etc.