Complete Guide for Studying Masters in Australia
Australia is climbing the ranks of the most popular study abroad destinations. There is a definite advantage to realizing the potential of a master’s course in Australia, which offers thousands of courses to choose from. A master's degree at an Australian university can take anything from one to two years to complete. You can't do much better than a Masters in Australia if your interest in postgraduate study abroad is fuelled by a spirit of adventure, a love of travel, and a desire to explore new things.
On this page, you'll discover thorough information about postgraduate degrees offered by top universities in Australia for masters. This section offers a guide to international student visas in Australia as well as information on the application procedure for Australian master's degrees.
Why Study Masters Course in Australia?
Australia is the third most popular study abroad location for a variety of reasons. It provides high-quality education, research, and training. The following are some of the most important elements that contribute to Australia's position as the world's largest provider of international education:
- World-class reputation - Eight Australian universities are among the top 150 in the world, demonstrating the country's academic excellence.
- International outlook - Over 500,000 international students can't all be incorrect, so something must be right at Australian universities.
- Fantastic climate and quality of life - Along with wonderful year-round sunshine, Australia is one of the safest and most stable countries on earth.
- Internationally recognized programmes - Australian master's degrees, which are based on the British system, are well-acknowledged around the world.
Types of Masters Degree in Australia
In Australia, you can pursue a Masters degree in a range of categories. Some courses are designed to complement your undergraduate studies. Others offer advanced training to help you improve in your current job or switch to a new one.
Traditional masters in Australia are academic degrees that allow students to study a specific subject in greater depth. They are comparable to analogous degrees in nations such as the United Kingdom, giving degrees such as the Master of Arts (MA), Master of physiotherapy in Australia or Master of Science (MSc). These courses are taught using a blend of teaching and research methods, with the majority of them requiring a final dissertation or related project.
‘Change of course' Masters Degrees are designed for students who want to change academic paths or obtain further competence in a different field. They frequently begin by providing you with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of your new subject before moving on to advanced training in a specific specialization.
Graduate entrance professional qualifications are for applicants who have already finished an undergraduate degree and desire to qualify professionally in a related field. These courses are suitable if you want to work in a regulated profession. If you want to be a teacher, for example, you may use a Graduate Diploma or Master of Teaching to supplement your academic knowledge of a specific field with professional education training. Getting enrol into masters in Australia for Indian students or international students, you need to ensure that your professional qualifications are recognized in your home country. Many will be, and in some situations, the skills and experience you earned overseas will help your CV stand out back home.
Professional development Master's Degrees are intended for those who want to advance their careers through extra education. For example, you could be an experienced teacher looking to improve your school management skills or a marketing expert looking to learn more about digital media. In contrast to graduate-entry professional master’s programmes, these programmes typically demand prior qualifications and experience. Studying at top universities in Australia for masters might be a fantastic approach to boost your CV by taking advantage of Australia's unique knowledge and training options.
Masters in Australia Requirements
Specific entry requirements must be met if you want to make the most of your studies as an international student. These include English language, academic, and healthcare coverage needs, as well as visa requirements.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Work experience and professional qualifications are usually necessary for most professional master's degrees in Australia.
- Entrance tests to study in Australia: Top-tier universities typically demand standardized test scores such as the GRE and GMAT. Other universities might not require you to submit your test results.
- References: Academic references are an important part of the masters admissions process in Australia. For applicants, at least two letters of recommendation are necessary.
- Personal Statement/Statement of Intent/Statement of Research: Along with the application package, additional documents such as a statement of research (for research-based-MS), a declaration of intent, or personal statements are required.
English Language Requirements
Proof of English language competency is required for international applicants from non-native English-speaking nations. As verification, you might submit the results of ELP exams. While pursuing masters in Australia, the minimum requirements may vary depending on the universities and specialties chosen. The following is a general score that is commonly necessary for admission to some of Australia's top MS universities:
- IELTS: 6.5 or above
- TOEFL: 80 or above
- PTE: 58 or above.
Australian Visa Requirements
Only if you meet the following basic conditions will your Australian student visa be accepted:
- Receive electronic Certificate of Enrollment (eCOE)
- Meet the genuine temporary entrant requirements
- Proof of sufficient funds: The Australian government states that the cost of living for international students must be represented in their financial position.
- Meet ELP requirements
- Meet health and character requirements
- Submit OSHC
Living Cost in Australia
Australia, home to 30 student cities that provide an exceptional experience and leisure time, provides you with a selection of outdoor activities to participate in. Seven Australian cities are ranked in the Best Student Cities QS rankings). Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, and the Gold Coast are among them. Aside from providing a memorable experience, the student accommodations accessible in Australia are diverse. These include:
- Purpose-built-student accommodation: Offering studio apartments as well as shared rooms.
- Renting properties: Properties are available for lease for a period of time determined by the rental party and the student mutually.
- Short-term accommodations: Hostels, institutional temporary accommodation, and lodges are provided for stay while the student becomes acquainted with the city and meets potential roommates.
- University-managed accommodations: Hostels are mostly available to students who choose to reside on campus.
Master's in Australia Scope
Australia's open immigration and welcoming policies attract a huge number of masters in Australia for Indian students to further their careers. Another advantage for overseas students is the simple availability of post-study employment visas following the completion of masters in Australia. The scope of employment following masters in Australia is significantly depending on the student's specialty or programme of study.
- The average annual salary earned by individuals with a bachelor's degree in the same sector is predicted to increase by 29 percent upon completion of a Master's degree.
- The minimum hourly salary in Australia is around 44 AUD/hour.
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, and Adelaide are among Australia's highest-paying cities.
If you're already thinking about your post-masters plans in Australia, you'll be relieved to know that a master’s degree is an excellent opportunity if you pursue it from top universities in Australia for masters. Australia also has a plethora of job options to make your career and future bright.
If you want to know the process for applying at one of the top Australian universities offering master’s courses, Super Study Abroad will guide you through the process. Our experienced executives are always willing to help you obtain the best university along with guiding you with the cost and documents required.