Financial Aid & Scholarships for Indian Students in USA
The United States of America hosts some of the best colleges in the world. Every year, thousands of students move to the US to receive the best quality education and build successful careers. Studying in the US can be expensive when compared to India primarily due to higher tuition fees and more costs of living. This becomes the major hurdle in the path of many bright students. The good news for the students is that, Topmost Universities in the United States and many Non profit organisations offer many scholarships for Indian Students In this blog Superb Study Abroad brings to you a detailed guide on scholarships available in the US for Indian Students.
The best scholarships available for the Indian Students in the US are as follows-
- The Quad Fellowship for STEM
- AEF Scholarship
- AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship
- Fulbright- Nehru Master’s Fellowship
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
- The SEED Foundation Scholarship
The Quad Fellowship Program
- Available for students of Quad nations (Australia, India, Japan and United States) who have demonstrated exceptional performance in Science, Technology, Engineering And Mathematics (STEM).
- The applications are usually accepted during Fall every year.
- Candidates having legal residence of Quad nations, who are above 18 years of age and have a bachelor’s degree in STEM fields can apply.
- Candidates should show an interest in and aptitude for fostering relationships between people from various ethnic, socioeconomic, and professional backgrounds.
- Requirements include- Transcripts of the UG degree, 3 Letters of Recommendations (LORs), Statement of purpose (SOP), 2 short essays, Resume and TOEFL scores.
- This is one of the best scholarship to study in USA for Indian students.
- Also known as the Ascend Educational Fund.
- Awards scholarship worth 2500 USD to 20,000 USD.
- Students of immigrant parents and those born outside the States who have enrolled in a certified University can apply.
- The applications usually begin during the first week of November.
- A standardised test score like the SAT or ACT is required.
- Regardless of their citizenship status, race, or country, this scholarship is given to immigrant students.
American University’s emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- This is awarded to the students of The American University.
- The applicants should not be a citizen of the USA.
- The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes global diversity while promoting educational access and opportunity.
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all expenses for one international student who wants to study in the United States, including tuition, accommodation and other costs.
- Non-billable fees like obligatory health insurance, books, plane tickets, and other additional expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
- The scholarship amount is extended for the duration of undergraduate program (4 years). However the recipient must maintain a high academic record during this duration.
Cornell University TATA Scholarship
- At any given time, the Tata Scholarship Program will provide financial support for about 20 intellectuals, ensuring that the best Indian students gain access to a top-notch education at Cornell University.
- Over the course of their graduate programme, the scholarship sum is given out annually.
- The candidates must be Indian citizens and have successfully completed senior secondary education at an Indian institution.
- This award is presented by the Tata Education and Development Trust.
Fulbright- Nehru Master’s Scholarship
- These fellowships are available to highly motivated Indians who exhibit leadership qualities, have earned the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in India, and have at least three years of professional work experience.
- Students who are determined to graduate and support their communities are preferred.
- Outstanding Indians can apply for the Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships to study for a master's degree at particular American colleges and universities.
- Environmental Studies, Economics, International Affairs, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Administration, and Public Health are among the study areas that applicants must choose from.
S.N. Bose Scholars Exchange Program (By Government of India)
- With the aim of fostering future scientists and thought leaders, this evolving and life - changing student exchange programme was established between top institutions in the United States and India.
- The programme is designed to give Indian students the chance to use top-notch research facilities at renowned American institutions and to help inspire students to develop their aspiration towards becoming a researcher.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's programme in atmospheric & earth sciences, chemical engineering, mathematical sciences, computational science, or physical science.
- Stipend, health insurance, and air travel are all included in the scholarship.
The Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship program
- The Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship, sponsored by Reliance Industries, was established in 2008 for deserving but less fortunate Indian students.
- Only the Stanford Business School's 2-year MBA programmes are eligible for the scholarship programme.
- It is a purely merit-based award, meaning that only deserving students with excellent academic records are eligible to apply for the financial aid.
- The scholarship money is sufficient to pay for at least 80% of the costs associated with an MBA at Stanford.
The SEED Foundation Scholarship
- A prestigious national nonprofit organisation called The SEED Foundation offers high school students in India cutting-edge scholarship possibilities.
- Kids who excel academically and strive to strengthen their Native Indian and American communities are supported.
- Additionally, the student must register in a U.S. university as a full-time undergraduate student.
Lack of counselling and financial aid takes away the dream of many talented Indian students who wish to study abroad in the USA. Superb Study Abroad can be your saviour here. We will facilitate your admission to the best colleges in the US. Our executives will help you pick out the best University, fill out enrolment form for your desired course, apply to various financial aid and scholarships in the USA for Indian students. Reach out to Superb Study Abroad and get hold of your dreams.